How much is the VBG Summit 2020?
AVA Members: $350
International delegates: Members of these Associations can attend at the AVA Members ($350) pricing:
- American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA)
- British Veterinary Association (BVA)
- Canadian Veterinary Medical Association (CVMA)
- New Zealand Veterinary Association (NZVA)
- South African Veterinary Association (SAVA)
Learn as a team/practice
Pricing for VBG team registrations:
- Register 5 - 10 staff and receive a 5% discount = $275.50 per delegate
- Register 11 - 50 staff and receive a 10% discount = $261 per delegate
- Register 51 - 199 staff and receive a 15% discount = $246.50 per delegate
- Register over 200 staff and receive a 20% discount = $232 per delegate
Pricing for AVA Team registrations:
- Register 5 - 10 staff and receive a 5% discount = $332.50 per delegate
- Register 11 - 50 staff and receive a 10% discount = $315 per delegate
- Register 51 - 199 staff and receive a 15% discount = $297.50 per delegate
- Register over 200 staff and receive a 20% discount = $280 per delegate
To access this discount you need to comply with the following:
- All attendees need to be an VBG member and from the same team/practice
- Register all your attendees at once in a group booking
- Payment for the group booking needs to be taken in one credit card transaction
For further information please contact the AVA Events Team; email@example.com
All pricing in Australian Dollars.
Awards and Scholarships
Logging in to the VBG Summit Platform
- Log into the VBG Summit website
- Enter the email address that you registered for the VBG Summit with and enter the password. If you have already registered but not yet set up a password for the conference site, please click here.
Navigating the Summit Website
Familiarise yourself with the conference site and menu items
Register – this will take you to the external registration platform – for those who have not yet registered for the VBG Summit.
- Click on the NETWORK button at the top right of the VBG Summit homepage:
- Search for a colleague, friend, sponsor or business! The search bar here will pick up a name or word that appears in the first name, surname, company name, job title of the person.
- Make sure you are are logged in and your profile set to "Public"
Your VBG Summit profile
Manage, Set-up and Edit
- Profile Picture
- Job title
- Professional Bio.
- Social media links.
Sponsors & Exhibitors
Please make sure you connect with all our sponsors and exhibitors, before, during and after VBG Summit. This event would not be possible without their support of the veterinary profession.
Here’s some ways you can connect using the VBG Summit virtual platform.
VBG Summit Show Book - download here
Browse the talks, speakers and the industry experts who's brands we'll explore through the VBG Summit
VBG Summit Treasure Hunt
This is a great way to connect with exhibitors and your VBG Network. You can meet for a video chat, share your screen and chat face to face all whilst in the VBG Summit platform. NB: The search bar here will capture a word or name in the name, company or job title of the person you are looking for. Booking meetings in the platform can be done through the delegates list. You’ll find a list of delegates in the NETWORK button, top right-hand side of the page (as seen above). To book a meeting with another delegate, first click onto the delegates name, then select the “book a meeting” button underneath their page header. After clicking the book a meeting button, you will be prompted to select a meeting type, for your meeting there is only one meeting type. Select a person to book a meeting with, with delegates it will only show the Delegate you have connected with. After clicking confirm, an email will be sent to the person whom you are requesting to meet with. They will be able to select to accept or reject the meeting, this will then trigger a confirmation email to you with an acknowledgment of the meeting. To view your meeting calendar please click the view my meetings button and you will be taken to your meeting calendar.
Viewing the recorded lectures
How does this work? Do I need to download any special software?
The live stream is viewable on most common internet browsers that you use regularly. We recommend the latest version of Google Chrome. No additional software is required to view.
For the daily breakout sessions (see the VBG program for timings) these are held via separate Zoom meetings. You will have access to a link to this on the day, and it will also be emailed to you. We do suggest having Zoom downloaded onto your nominated device for this.
Is there a student or recent graduate price?
No, the event is one price for all AVA members, $290 or the non-member pricing listed above.
Can I access the recording talks after the 3 month period?
Recorded lectures will not be viewable after the 3 month period, but conference proceedings will be available on the AVA Library for all members to access.
How do the VetEd points work?
During May, AVA contacted each state/territory Veterinary Board to request consideration of a similar approach for veterinarians in their state/territory.
*Response as of 5 June is as follows:
- Veterinary Practitioners Board of NSW – veterinarian participation in NSW in the virtual conference will be considered structured learning.
- Veterinary Surgeons Board of Queensland – the QLD Board supports the proposal for veterinarians’ attendance at VetFest 2020 via videoconference to be recorded as structured learning.
- ACT Veterinary Practitioners Board – Agreed that participation in the AVA’s virtual conference will be considered structured learning for ACT registrants.
- Veterinary Practitioners Registration Board of Victoria – Board agreed to recognise attendance at the conference, be it online or offline, as structured learning for CPD purposes
- Veterinary Surgeons Board of South Australia – Board agreed that SA veterinarians who attend VetFest sessions ‘real time’ (live-streamed) can claim 1 point per 1 hour.
- Veterinary Board of the Northern Territory – CPD is not legislated as mandatory in the NT however under the Veterinarians Code of Conduct they have a duty to maintain contemporary professional standards and must advise each renewal year that they have completed some form of CPD.
- Veterinary Board of Tasmania – The Tasmanian Veterinary Service Standards do not currently include specific requirements in relation to CPD. Rather, there is a broad requirement to maintain professional knowledge under the VSS3/2016: Standard of Professional Conduct.
- Veterinary Surgeons' Board Western Australia – There is currently no requirement for veterinary surgeons to complete any CPD. Whilst it’s very much encouraged, there is no specified amount or recording of what they do.
What are the payment options, and can I be invoiced?
All payments must be made via credit card during the registration process. If you have further questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
I forgot my password or need help with something else during the conference
If you are having trouble logging in, please click the ‘Forgot your Password’ button to reset it - https://vbgsummit.ava.com.au/users/password/new
Become a member of the Australian Veterinary Association
As Australia’s peak professional association of the veterinary profession, you become part of an extensive network of like-minded professionals across the country and gain access to continuing professional development, thousands of resources and ongoing opportunities to be represented on state and federal issues that matter to you. With leading continuing professional development, exclusive discounts and benefits, an extensive online library and a large collegial network, membership to your professional association is key to ensuring you have a successful working career – at any stage of your professional life.
Become a member of the Australian Veterinary Association and be one of the thousands of fellow veterinary professionals represented by their peak professional association. Click here to join today.
How can I become a sponsor of the Summit?
Have a question that you don't see here? Reach out to us at email@example.com
Live stream music sourced from https://www.bensound.com/